At the first i was going to make this one for family gathering at my home, so i stocked up the ingredients. then the problem come. i bought the unripe banana which was taste not good. That was my fault because i have no idea which one was ripe and not. I just picked the nicest looking banana and voila! i should postpone baking this one. On the next day banana already ripe. I had no cause to postpone it anymore. Yay!
I started with one batch at first. But after i smell the goodness coming from the oven, i couldn't resist myself to make another batch. the first batch fit nicely with my 20x10cm loaf pan and for the second batch i used paper cup.
The cake prove its title literally. It has rich chocolaty taste, moist texture, tasty! Oh and i need to add glorious sweet-smelling of banana to its title. Yum Yum!
I got the recipe from Mba Hesti. I'm her silent reader since a long long time ago. hhee. The original recipe from Sweet Savory Life.
100gr salted butter (i use 100gr unsalted butter and 1/4tsp salt)
5 ripe medium banana, mashed (i use 21/2 large ripe banana)
1/2 vanilla extract
150gr cake flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 cup sour cream (i use yoghurt)
1 cup chocolate chip (i use dark chocolate chip)
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit degrees
- Grease the pan with butter and flour it lightly
- In medium bowl beat(i use hand mixer in medium speed) butter and sugar until well-blended. Add egg, mashed banana, yoghurt and vanilla. Beat again until well-blended (i use hand mixer in medium speed).
- Add flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda
- Beat until well-blended, don't overmix.(i use hand mixer in medium speed for 1 minute)
- Add the chocolate chip, fold it.
- Pour the batter to the pan then bake for 50-60minutes. Don't overbake.