Monday 17 March 2014

Rich and moist chocolate banana bread

I made it in the early February but doesn't have time to blog it yet until today. Such a lazzy blogger. I bake many sweet desserts the take photos (a bunch of photos) but the photos just end up sitting nice and quiet in my hardisk. But now please let one of them share their little shy story. Please have a sit and enjoy your reading fellas.

At the first i was going to make this one for family gathering at my home, so i stocked up the ingredients. then the problem come. i bought the unripe banana which was taste not good. That was my fault because i have no idea which one was ripe and not. I just picked the nicest looking banana and voila! i should postpone baking this one. On the next day banana already ripe. I had no cause to postpone it anymore. Yay!

I started with one batch at first. But after i smell the goodness coming from the oven, i couldn't resist myself to make another batch. the first batch fit nicely with my 20x10cm loaf pan and for the second batch i used paper cup.

The cake prove its title literally. It has rich chocolaty taste, moist texture, tasty! Oh and i need to add glorious sweet-smelling of banana to its title. Yum Yum!

I got the recipe from Mba Hesti. I'm her silent reader since a long long time ago. hhee. The original recipe from Sweet Savory Life.

Ingredients
100gr salted butter (i use 100gr unsalted butter and 1/4tsp salt)
120gr sugar
1 egg
5 ripe medium banana, mashed (i use 21/2 large ripe banana)
1/2 vanilla extract
150gr cake flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 cup sour cream (i use yoghurt)
1 cup chocolate chip (i use dark chocolate chip)

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit degrees
  2. Grease the pan with butter and flour it lightly
  3. In medium bowl beat(i use hand mixer in medium speed) butter and sugar until well-blended. Add egg, mashed banana, yoghurt and vanilla. Beat again until well-blended (i use hand mixer in medium speed). 
  4. Add flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda
  5. Beat until well-blended, don't overmix.(i use hand mixer in medium speed for 1 minute)
  6. Add the chocolate chip, fold it.
  7. Pour the batter to the pan then bake for 50-60minutes. Don't overbake.



No comments:

Post a Comment