Hello world! well, this isn't my very first blog, and i wish this one will be last and long lasting, and i don't forget the password (again, haha) either, amiin.
I do love baking, i do love dessert yaay, that's why i made these cupcakes for my best friend birthday. the recipe from the famous Magnolia Bakery vanilla cupcake recipe, yum yum and matched it with strawberry frosting. the cupcakes were super moist and yummy, i couldn't stop munching them while busy with the frosting hhee. and the frosting tasted sooo strawberries, the sweetness match my taste, and they were really soft.
on the strawberry frosting, i follow magnolia vanilla buttercream then add 3 tablespoons (or more) strawberry sauce. i got the strawberry sauce recipe here.
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Line 2 cupcake pans with paper liners.
- Chop the butter into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
- Whisk eggs together in a stainless steel bowl, set aside.
- Measure and combine milk and vanilla, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the self-rising flour, cake flour, and sugar. Using the paddle attachment, mix for 2 minutes on low speed.
- With the mixer on low speed add the butter one cube at a time - use the guard for the mixer and be careful - do not rush. Butter should be in small pieces.
- Add 1/2 of the milk and vanilla mixture.
- Scrape the bowl and mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Slowly pour eggs and the rest of the milk mixture into the bowl on low speed.
- Scrape bowl and continue mixing for 1-2 minutes.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared cupcake pans.
- Bake for 23 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 box (4 cups) confectioners’ sugar
2 – 3 tablespoons whole milk
3 tablespoons strawberry sauce
- Beat the butter in medium speed until creamy like consistency the add the vanilla extract
- Gradually add sugar one cup at a time. Scrape down sides of bowl often. When the mixture starts to thicken and appears dry add 2 tablespoons of milk and 3 tablespoons strawberry sauce.
- Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy about 2-4 minutes. Add more milk as needed if you want a thinner consistency. If desired, add a few drops of food colouring and mix thoroughly.
- Store the icing at room temperature. Icing can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
recipe source : magnolia vanilla cupcake
Happy Birthday Arfi, wish you all the goodness come through this year, and Allah's bliss always be in your favour, kisses and bear hugs.
PS : *sorry for my bad English hehee