re burnt because i forgot to lower the heat. after all they all taste good (the not burnt yaa). the to refresh my mood i bake cinnamon roll for today breakfast.
My baking journey mate is mom's hand mixer. She used to baking on the weekend 7 years ago. I don't have fancy stand mixer. So, What am I using to make bread? Kneading by hand? No no, I'm skinny girl. I don't have any energy to knead dough. But i have a helper named Regina Atlas by Marcato.
Please welcome Regina Atlas (image courtesy : Amazon)
She is a pasta extruder that have function as 'manual bread machine'. I just need to adjust the recipe to be bread machine friendly, at least just the dough mode in bread machine. I just put everything into the bowl, then rotate the handle bar until the dough elastic and doesn't stick to the wall.
unassembled Regina Atlas
the dough attachment (Right) and Dough lid (Left)
So far, i use her to handle 1 kg dough, I don't know wether she can do more or not. And I never use the pasta extruder function. All the attachment are sealed as like new! OMG they are sealed around 7 years old. Maybe I will use them one day.
Dough recipe originally from Bakerella
Rolls1 cup milk, warmed
1 large egg
5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted (margarine)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 pkg active dry yeast (2 ½ tsp instant yeast)
1 tsp salt (skip)
4 cups sifted all-purpose flour (1 cup high protein flour and 3 cups all purpose flour forget to sift them hhee )
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 ½ tbsp powdered cinnamon
1/3 cup margarine melted
- Put all ingredients into Regina Atlas with dough attachment, turn the handle bar until elastic and dough doesn’t stick to the wall
- Grease large bowl with oil, form the dough into ball, then put into the greased bowl, turn over.
- Let it proof for about 45 minutes or until doubled in size
- After doubled in size, punch the middle of dough.
- Transfer into work table. Roll the dough as wide as you can.
- Make the filling, mix sugar and powdered cinnamon, set aside. Pre heated the oven to 375F
- Pour melted margarine into the rolled dough, then spread sugar and cinnamon mixture
- Roll the dough tightly
- Greased two 20x20cm pan
- Divide dough about 3cm wide. The pan will fit 9 bun. The left bun can be put into cupcake pan.
- Let the second proof for about 45 minutes
- Bake for 20 minutes
They are best serve warm. Tasty. Adding cream cheese glaze sounds tempting. I'll make that one next time. Hola bamba.