I have a big, a really big one, dream of making my own tiramisu. The day come when i went to supermarket then saw mascarpone cheese, i grabbed it as fast as i could, put it in shopping chart. it's like my dreams would come true. well a step ahead to become true haha. the next of the day, i went to titan baking shop to buy some cupcake pans (i lost my cupcake pans, again..) and i found what I've been looking for! LADYFINGERS!! (say it out loud, please :) ) oh my! My dream comes true.
|the hard to find ladyfingers|
i am not a fan of eating raw egg, so here i go for eggless tiramisu recipe from rainnysjournal, i omit the kahlua.
|I present you an Eggless Tiramisu!!|
3tbsp coffee powder
1 cup boiling water
250g mascarpone cheese
300ml thickened cream
3tbsp icing sugar
20-25 sponge fingers
- Dissolve coffee powder in water, set aside for later use.
- In a bowl, whisk the mascarpone cheese with icing sugar till the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- In another bowl, whisk the thickened cream until soft peak. Fold the thickened cream into the mascarpone mixture till well combined.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 6" square loose bottom pan with parchment paper.
- Dip each sponge finger into the coffee syrup and line the bottom of the pan with the sponge fingers. Spread a layer of the mascarpone cream mixture over the sponge finger and sprinkle cocoa powder over the top of the mascarpone cream mixture. Repeat the layering (sponge finger - mascarpone cream - cocoa powder) and top it off with a thick layer (personal preference, you can sprinkle a thin layer if you do not like too much cocoa powder) of cocoa powder on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, best overnight, before serving.